Moving machinery within a single facility and between facilities are unique challenges that must be handled by professionals. To minimize downtime, you need a strategy to ensure a smooth moving operation.
Base Construction, Inc. works with our customers to set up, replace, and integrate existing mechanical equipment and install new equipment, ensuring all components work together. Our rigging and erecting equipment and crew can safely and effectively perform demanding moving jobs. Our highly skilled team can also handle electrical, concrete, piping, and structural needs.
Learn more about our equipment moving and installation services, as well as the benefits of partnering with us.
Because moving large machinery is a multistep operation, each stage must be specified, and everyone involved must have a clear grasp of their responsibilities. Here are the basic steps we take with every moving project:
- Plan. The rigging team must make a detailed plan, laying out the exact specifications, equipment used, team members, and required safety measures of the job.
- Provide PPE. Since safety is the first priority of our industry, employees must wear personal protective equipment (PPE), such as vests, safety glasses, and steel-toe shoes.
- Select moving equipment. Using the right tools and machinery for lifting heavy industrial equipment is vital. In most cases, having the smallest possible clearance is preferred. The most common types of lifting and moving equipment are cranes, jacks, and forklifts.
- Transport. Different states have various laws regulating the transportation of heavy or oversized equipment to and from a site. A professional mover will be familiar with these regulations and know how to secure equipment so that it does not get damaged or cause damage to its surroundings during transit.
Base Construction, Inc.’s skilled riggers make tough lifting work safer and more efficient. We can transport a wide range of heavy gear and equipment, including:
- All kinds of machinery
- Heat Exchanger, cooling tower
- Furnaces and boilers
Once your equipment is relocated, it’s time for installation. Base Construction has the professional expertise and tools to ensure successful installation and performance testing. In addition to moving and installation, our team can also handle any concrete, electrical, or piping requirements you may have.
Together, these services are crucial to a smooth, effective moving operation. To guarantee the optimal safety and performance of installed mechanical equipment, we analyze these key variables:
- Site leveling
- Equipment stress and strain
- Lifting capacity
- Execution of lifting strategy
- Safety requirements
Benefits of Base Construction Moving Services
Base Construction has a certified rigging team on staff, as well as the modern equipment required to analyze the particular problems of every industrial moving project. We are licensed in California and have general engineering (Class A), general building (Class B), and plumbing (C-36) licenses. When you partner with us, you’ll benefit from:
- Increased safety precautions
- Reduced downtime
- Efficiency and cost saving
Contact Base Construction for Machinery Moving Services
An experienced professional mover knows the best tactics and has all the necessary equipment for a safe, successful industrial equipment transportation operation. Base Construction will handle your equipment relocation from loading to unloading to installation. We specialize in replacing, setting, and integrating existing equipment and installing new machinery for our customers.
With more than 5,000 successful projects completed since our founding in 1998, Base Construction is a reliable name in the industrial construction market. We service customers within 50 miles of Irvine, Calif.